Friday, March 25, 2005

The covers were still warm where you'd been laying. You were gone.

There are times when we just don't think we will ever be completely whole again. The loss of a loved one is surely one of those times. Whether it be to death or divorce, it just doesn't seem possible to be able to overcome such heartache. We all handle grief in our own way but go through the same stages at one point or another. Guilt, rage, sorrow. What a dreadfully painful process. If we work hard enough, one day we are able to recognize that our loved one is still with us in everything we say and do. They have truly become a part of your very being. You know you wouldn't be the same person had they not been in your life.
It's almost 23 years ago now that I was left a young widow. He wasn't perfect. I wasn't perfect. We weren't perfect. But I still miss him and he is still a part of me.
I've had a few loves in my life since then. None of them were perfect either. I don't think there is such a thing as perfect love on this earth. But with a little luck, I'll have just one more go of it before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home