Monday, August 29, 2005

........a soldier from the looks of him who came through many fights but lost in love - Lady With a Fan

I know this man. Yes, I know this man.
Life's hardships, bad cards, poor choices made him a warrior. Building walls of fear so high simply to keep safe. Safe from the only ones he thought would protect him. Ultimately, the soldier is defeated and cannot break through his own walls. Never able to love, he dies a lonely man. The story will end. I will need to claim his ashes. I must find the most loving place to scatter them.

5 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

Isn't it interesting that the one art we must all master throughout life is the art of getting back on our feet, wiping the dirt off our knees, the chip off our shoulders, or we will indeed become a fallen soldier way before our time has come.
you have such an excellent way of writing, it amazes me. Glad I found your blog.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Vikram said...

nice!

11:04 AM  
Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

Beautifully written. You understand the music of the language. Thank you for not breaking this up to make it look like a poem. It is prose that sings.

smiles,
me-Liz

1:00 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

I thought you were just a run of the mill blogger, but that was a deep "lonely man" post. How profound, how moving, how sad. How do you know this man? Was that really a picture of him? Was he in Iraq? Did he die there? My cousin lives in londonderry, you would like her.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that's me. I didn't know we knew each other.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home