Sunday, March 27, 2005

Hold away dispair, more than this I will not ask

I was so determined to get a good night's sleep last night. Didn't set the coffee, didn't set the alarm and put some earplugs in. Even though it is very quiet here, I used them every night in the city and they still seem to relax me a bit. The phone rang in the middle of the night. I'm sure someone just mis-dialed and that doesn't bother me. We've all done it. What DOES bother me is the "trying to fall back asleep" part. So, I tossed and turned for a bit and thought of my Dad, who passed almost 6 years ago. SIX YEARS! Now one thought rolls into the other. Could that much time have passed already? You know how those thoughts start to consume you. OK - how much time do I have left? OH, NO! I don't want to start thinking about THAT! Well, try to stop thinking about elephants. Maybe I'll get in that good sleep tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home