Sunday, October 02, 2005

There's a couple of things you got to understand - Just Another Train

I don't anger easily. When I do, it doesn't last. Most who know me know this. What they don't know is that when I finally do get angry, I have a hard time forgiving myself. It seems expected of me - this all understanding, all forgiving person. I expect that of myself much more than you do. I can feel taken for granted, used, over-extended, hurt. And I can get angry. I am learning to forgive myself. Please forgive me. I'm not angry anymore.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping to say "hello" ;)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popping in to say hello is catching on... why there are so many ex-this, ex-that? No partying anymore? Did I miss something?

9:33 PM  
Blogger jane said...

there's something powerful about asking forgiveness of others. takes a big person to do that.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Forgiveness of self is one of the hardest things to do.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Totally relate. I've been known to metaphorically shred my insides time and again. I don't have nearly as high expectations of others as I hold for myself. We need to give ourselves the same understanding and forgiveness we give to others, instead of holding ourselves up to an impossible standard. Easier said than done...

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home