Saturday, July 08, 2006

Gonna wave to the memories I carry in my heart - Wave To The Wind

Several years before my Dad died I coerced him into entering a lip-sync contest with me. My choice - "You Can Call Me Al", Paul Simon. Oh, how I practiced getting those lyrics down just right. Dad didn't even have to open his mouth, which was part of the deal but he stole the show surprising everyone as he air-guitared his way off stage. Last night I saw Paul Simon in concert. It was so wonderful to see you Dad. Thanks for the dance.

8 Comments:

Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Helen, beautiful post. I can only imagine the warmth in your heart last night and the wonderful memories that came flooding back. Peace my friend.

10:51 AM  
Blogger jessafran said...

this post is so very sweet... wonderful story!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great connection you had with your Dad. I always love sitting through films again that I watched with my Mum (2001 - A Space Odessy was a favorite of ours).

11:05 PM  
Blogger Daily Piglet said...

Very tender memories, Helen. Thanks for sharing this. I miss my Dad so very much. Sundays were his least favorite day as well as mine. I think of him a lot every Sunday, I did it even when he was living.

11:16 AM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

That is so, so touching. I know your dad is waving right back to you.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

I hope to be closer to my father. Very inspirational.

Thanks for sharing that.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool moment.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Clockworkchris said...

That really touched me. I never did anything special with my dad before he died. We listened to a song once and both cried but that was about it. Thanks for sharing this memory.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home