Monday, March 28, 2005

Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

These were the last words I heard sung (live, that is) by Jerry Garcia. I can remember just where I was sitting. Of course, I didn't know at the time it would be my last Dead show.
Many of my friends don't understand how or why I ever felt so connected to The Dead and Jerry. It is impossible to explain and those of you lucky enough to have lived it know exactly what I'm talking about.
It seems I've already talked about two great losses in my life on this blog - My Dad and my first husband, Ric. Well, Jerry is another great loss but just like Dad and Ric, he is still with me, every day.
And now for the venting part of my post. Afterall, that's one of the reasons I started this blog. It's going to take on it's own life, I know, but I'll try to keep it on track for the time being. So here goes. If you don't like The Dead or just "didn't get it", that's cool but don't stomp on my soul as it is still rockin'!

1 Comments:

Blogger btezra said...

~ahhhh, I remember my first show, Pittsburgh, 1986, and then my last, Soldier Field, the show just before Jerry died...and now I am flooding my mind with memories of the music, people and places I came across at all 109 shows I saw and photographed for Relix...thnx for tweaking my memory and the music...~

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home