Monday, May 02, 2005

All good things in all good time - Run for the Roses


I used to believe that in order to lead a "successful" life, I had to MAKE things happen. Get a promotion, check. Get a husband, check, check, check. Get a house, check. None of it was really hard to do. The hard part came much later, when after acquiring these items I felt no particular sense of accomplishment. Perhaps they just came too easily. I prefer to think it is because my definition of success has changed. I'm so happy to wait for the good things in life to just HAPPEN. And in doing that, they materialize in beautiful ways with much more frequency than I'd ever expected. What a wonderful surprise!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rich | Championable said...

I think there's a real balance between making things HAPPEN, and simply doing the work. AA folks call it "getting out of the results business." It took me a long time to understand what that actually meant. And now that I do, it's even harder to actually practice it.

Rock on, Helen.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Great post! I just wrote a blog tonight (http://hollylovebug.blogspot.com) that dealt with some of these things. Sometimes the best way to go is to just let things happen in life rather than make them. Society, for some reason, seems to make us think we must make them happen. Great blog, btw! :)

1:42 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

I like how you use quotes for each post. I use titles of songs that someone tie in to my post. (I noticed in your profile that you like the Moody Blues and Dylan, too.)

My blog is an ecletic mix. I'm an artist/writer. Hope you stop by.
I bookmarked you. I'm definitely returning here! :)
http://Green-EyedLady.Blogspot.com

2:18 AM  
Blogger sofia said...

thanks for visiting my blog!

you gave me the opportunity to read a blog worth reading such as yours, by clicking on your name.

you really got insightful posts!
...and beautiful pictures too:)

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home