Sunday, April 24, 2005

If you get confused, listen to the music play - Franklin's Tower

I once knew a man who didn't like music - any kind of music. "Would you turn that radio off!", he would say. We'd tried everything from classical to heavy metal with no success. It confused me a bit but I thought he was just quirky and shrugged it off. After seeing an incredible live performance last night, I found myself thinking about him on the drive home. I'd gotten so much release from the music that I began to wonder "What if he wasn't just quirky? Maybe he associates music with something unpleasant in his past." It may or may not be true and he lives hundreds of miles away so it's likely our paths will never cross again, but if they do, I will give him a big hug just in case.

6 Comments:

Blogger kljs said...

offtopic: thank you for visiting and commenting at the my blog. :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Its Me! said...

I'm sorry you are an ex-wife, but I'm glad you are an ex-party animal (be honest, nothing good ever came of that!) I wish you a brand new life of first time's!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Jillyvanilli said...

A man who doesn't like music? I can't imagine a life like that.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Jun1or said...

if you do noto speak portuguese, there´s no problem, because i try to speak english.
A man who doesn´t like music neede to listen the sound of tehe sea, the most beautiful muisc of the world
Thank you for visinting my blog...
don´t desapear...

8:24 PM  
Blogger M said...

Maybe he was tone deaf and didn't realize it was music.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

You're very sensitive and caring to try to understand why he didn't like music. I love your blog so much, I came back to visit again. :)

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home