Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Every ocean is a long way to swim. Don't have to cross but you gotta jump in -Forever is Nowhere
Most of my city friends thought that Vermont was the perfect place for me to live. Some, however, would simply say "What are you going to do UP THERE?" I can understand their confusion. Why would I want to leave a city of 10 million people to move to a town of 2,700. Afterall, the stimulation the city can provide is endless. But this morning I stopped at the Post Office on my way to work. There was a man curiously walking around my car. In NYC a big flag would go up but not here. He knew the previous owner and told me about how much the car was cared for. The man, as I discovered through the course of conversation, is a local cattle auctioneer. So, what am I going to do UP HERE? Hopefully, there will be an aution soon. I'm quite sure you can't do that in the city!

2 Comments:

Blogger Indeterminacy said...

I used to live in a 120,000 population town, and it was quite nice. You always ran into old friends, people you hadn't seen in ages. Doesn't happen often in the big cities.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Small towns are a whole different universe to themselves. I hated it while growing up....but I miss it more and more as I grow older. In very small towns you not only know individuals, but entire generations.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home