Sunday, December 11, 2005

Say it once again now, whoa I hope you understand - Playin' in the Band

Asked a question, I will answer it honestly. Ask me again, same answer. I can't, won't change my answer to suit you. Want a different answer, go to someone else. Actually, I would prefer that. It's painful to see your frustration. The question, the answer, the frustration. And on and on it goes. Perhaps a different question would change the outcome. That's doubtful. Stop asking. I don't want to answer. I want you to learn to hear.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I love this quality in people, even if it results in hurt feelings at times. If a person won't tell me something I don't want to hear, or don't agree with, how can I trust the other stuff they say?

12:08 AM  
Blogger Manzkee said...

Cheers....and PEACE!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Bravo, my friend. Far too many people in the world live in the lies told to them by others.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Love that - and agree with it. I'll echo Janet and say "AMEN!"

6:24 PM  
Blogger Tor said...

Yep, that's just starting down the slippery slope to believing what you're saying, and buying into someone else's head trip about life. As far as I know for sure, we've only each got one life, and it's tragic to spend it placating someone else, or worse, trying to be someone else.

Peace,

Tor

2:57 PM  
Blogger jane said...

Listening is one of the most difficult tasks to do. I mean, to actually listen. I once read a book called, The Art of Listening. It was very informative & in all my years (47) I've met 2 people who were listeners.

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home