Saturday, November 19, 2005

Just another pity, just another shame - Just Another Train

I've learned that I have little tolerance for self-pity. It's a horrible character flaw. Some are victims of circumstance. Others create their own pile of troubles and do nothing to dig their way out. For the vicitms, I have compassion. The others, almost disgust. I hate feeling that emotion but it exists. I don't know what's more depressing - watching someone self-destruct or lacking full compassion for them. It seems I can't do one without the other. But I need to find a new perspective.

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

self-pity is never very pretty.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

Of all the emotions in the human spectrum, I have always maintained that self-pity is the only one that is absolutely useless.

It delays getting out of a problem and into a solution.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

I find that most people who are in truly difficult situations don't pity themselves while those who just like to complain pity themselves freely.

Basically if your situation is bad enough you are too concerned with fixing it to waste your time complaining.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

AMEN!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

leave them to their own devices, i would think

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home