Monday, March 06, 2006

I have spent my life seeking all that's still unsung - Attics of my Life

Six years before I married him I would visit. Every week, the 5 hour round trip, the eight hour visit. I had never met anyone more charming, witty, inspiring. For two years there were cards and letters daily. Hundreds and hundreds combined. He came home. We eventually married.


I wanted to believe in love. He wanted love to believe in him. So we gave each other what was wanted, needed. It wasn't enough. It was never enough.

6 Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

That sure was a lot of hours invested in the relationship even before marriage for it not to work, Helen. But I guess that happens a lot.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Deadman said...

:o(>

I'm sorry....but it sounds like he lost out. Bigtime.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was before you knew your worth, my dear. If you look back, you might see the stuff that would never pass for okay now.

I know you are wiser, I support you in not being sadder, rather freer.

love and light make the world go around,

Robin

4:33 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

I'm sorry it's still so painful.
(((Helen)))

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww...it's so hard when things don't work out like you imagined.

10:08 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

Women's day, good day to say hello.
Sorry to be silent for so long but proof that I think of U --->> Hi
Helen.
From your blogfriend, GPV

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home