Thursday, May 05, 2005

I recall your darkness when it crackled like a thunder cloud - Shakedown Street

I'm sure you've thought you really knew someone and then they did something so out- of-character, so outrageous, so unforgivable. Why do people pretend to be someone there are not? I would ask myself this question over and over. Ah..........they are playing the role, trying to be the person they want to become. Thinking that if they "act as if" then it will be so. I forgive them for trying. It must be torturous to spend a life convincing your heart to feel what is right. But still, I sometimes cry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Suzy,
Very insightful of you. I think he actually IS hiding in the past. Yhank you for your comments.
Peace.........

2:45 PM  
Blogger Betty Steward said...

In my own personal experience, I have found that in the beginning, people tend to act like the person they thing you want them to be. As time goes by, this veneer grows thin, and hard to maintain, so thats when they give up and blame you, because they were pretending.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm really becoming addicted to the zen moments offered here.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

This post sent arrows straight to my heart. *Very* nice blog. Am so glad I found it. Bookmarked you.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home