Thursday, July 21, 2005

Does God look down on the boys in the barroom, mainly forsaken but surely not judged? - Boys in the Barroom

I understand anger towards the drunk. I also understand all too well the pain the drunk endures.
The utter hopelessness.
Please know that most times that jovial drunken behavior is an art we have mastered to hide from ourselves. No harm is intended yet so much caused. The lucky ones dig their way out while the others fade away, only finding their peace in the everafter. With much gratitude for finding my way and all the help I received, I pray for the still suffering alcoholic.

4 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

life is unfair

1:51 PM  
Blogger GPV said...

Life is not unfair,alcohol is unfair.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Hats off to you for pulling yourself out of alcoholism. I don't know firsthand, but I've read & heard how very tough it is to kick such an addiction. Take care

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good prayer they all need it...

Friend of Bill W.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home