Wednesday, July 06, 2005

She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes - Scarlet Begonias

I don't have the best sales record at work. I'm far from the top sales person. I've been told "It's nice to have you here" and feel fortunate every two weeks when I am not one of the few that go due to seasonal layoffs. But today, I got the best compliment I could hope for. A supervisor approached and said "Helen, you're the company Peace, Love and Understanding Representative." I said "Cool" and asked for a plaque!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

You do seem like a hoppie of old , even though I have never been quite sure what they were like.

" Peace Love and Understanding."

That's nice and I love that Elvis Costello song as well even though Newell wrote it.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cooper said...

I meant hippie and I am not going to correct another typo I am obviously exhausted from doing nothing all day.

11:45 PM  
Blogger M.R. said...

"Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hands" - I wouldn't mind living in that world.

4:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks, Helen. WHEEEEEEEEEEEE! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Hallucinogenious said...

Actually it was written by Nick Lowe,but it perfectly describes Helen!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! *looks around...whispers* Random reader here.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Der Tommissar said...

Rock on!

Make sure to mention that at your next performance review.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home