Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's brother to brother and it's man to man- My Brother Esau

I don't know if you've ever needed blood. I did once. I remember the people who gave it. Friends, family and co-workers. With much gratitude, I also remember the strangers for their selfless gift to me. Phil Lesh is donating $10 to The Vattikuti Urology Institute for each pint of blood donated by the end of the year. If you have the chance, please do it. It could mean so much to so many.
Thank you and have a Joyous Holiday and Peace-Filled New Year.

8 Comments:

Blogger Deadman said...

HA! This is really making the rounds, isn't it???

Cool!

12:43 AM  
Blogger TrĂ©e said...

Wonderful thought Helen. Now to take action and do it. That's my resolution. Do it.

Peace my friend

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I've never needed blood, but two of my kids have. I try to donate whenever I can, but it ends up not nearly as often as I'm eligible. Especially since they usually end up taking plasma, which you can donate something really often like every 2 days or something...

Happy Holidays!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Hey that's pretty cool. I've needed lots of blood, I am a Hemophiliac. My parents gave me a newspaper clipping of one Valentine's Day I needed lot of blood when I was in Boston Childrens Hospital and a bunch of my parents friends went up to Boston to give blood.

And like Phil, I have Hepititis C also...from all that blood (before screening).

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Helen.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Holidays honey!!!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey helen!

how are things? it's been a while since i've heard from you...have you been getting my emails at all? i guess you're keeping busy up there...i'd love to hear from you again :) how's the torrents treating you, any GD gems you've been listening to recently? peace...have a safe happy new year...

ben c.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Seattle Carpet Cleaning said...

Great read thankss

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home