Sunday, May 08, 2005

I have walked a crooked mile and I have walked the line - Walker After Midnight


No matter what path I took, what obviously wrong decision I made, what pain I endured, what grief I overcame, Mom was always supportive beyond belief.If I had been blessed with children, I honestly don't know if I would have had the strength to sit back and watch them make bad choices. She did it knowing it would help me grow. Without a doubt, she was aware that she would need to pick up those shattered pieces. She did so each and every time, without complaint. Never an "I told you so". She's helped me become who I am today. Overwhelmed by the depth of her love and overflowing with gratitude, I love her more than words can tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger mcgibfried said...

happy belated mom's day.

12:28 AM  
Blogger sofia said...

beautiful, helen!

my love for my mom inspired me to write a poem for her. But of course, words are just not enough to capture that love and gratitude I have for her :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home