Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Box of Rain will ease the pain and love will see you through - Box of Rain

Hey Dad,
I'm writing to wish you a Happy Father's Day. I miss you but feel certain that things are better up there than they are down here. You know we're at war. It would break your heart.
As you know, Mom and all of us are doing fine but missing you still as much as we did the day you left. I'm so grateful you didn't suffer and went quickly after the surgery.
I hope your knee doesn't bother you much up there. I imagine there are no ailments. Please give all the family a big hug for me and special kisses for Skinny and Ric. Let them know I look forward to seeing them all on the other side one day!
Love,
Helen
PS-Hope there's lots of hot dogs & Sauerkraut for you! (Is there cream soda in heaven?)

13 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. Yes I live in a very dangerous neighborhood, downtown LA is not Vermont. My cousin lives in londonderry, vermont and her minature donkey just died. She paints murals and is very talented and very Vermontish (is that a word?)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Vermontish is a word. Vermontish is a very good word. If everyone loved in Vermont we'd be better off. Well, other than the fact that it would be very crowded.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Helen... found you via BlogExplosion.

That was a very nice note to your Dad. I lost my Dad very suddenly in January and can completely relate to how you feel.

Hope you have a nice day.

2:33 PM  
Blogger GPV said...

Yes helen there's cream soda up there and my dad is playing piano for your's.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww Helen.. you made my eyes all wet and watery.. :( Happy Father's Day

2:26 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Aw, girl - you're giving me goosebumps. Very nice!

Wishing your heart feelings of content and acceptance. *BIG hugs*

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a beautiful note to your Dad. I'm sure he knows how you feel :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Ghone said...

Bless you for that most touching post.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Hey Helen, just wonderin, your age and when/why you moved to Vt. Yea yea, I know I'm not supposed to ask a women her age. Suck it up and tell me.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

One more thing, are you a Floyd Fan?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Holy crap, is Janet your sister?

9:20 PM  
Blogger SeizeTheNite said...

I like to think there is lots of cream soda in Heaven...
Your blog is always like a little breath of fresh air...Thank you for that.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Very nice, Helen

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home