Monday, June 06, 2005

Don't tell me this town ain't got no heart, when I can heart it beat outloud! - Shakedown Street

I'm learning the differences between living in a small town and a huge city. I'm learning fast, I think. With 2800 rather than 10 million people, you can feel the pulse of the community. It's sort of like the "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" syndrome and every knows what everyone else did, does and is planning to do. Maybe it's gossip but I prefer the consider it a big family of sorts. I know if I ever needed help, it would be here without asking. It is safe, if you are sound.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I know what you are talking about (the small town not the big city). I live in a town of 1500 and everyone know everything about everyone; and half of them are related.

9:14 AM  
Blogger AsharEdith said...

I liked in the city. But when I got married we moved to a small town... Still not used to it!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

This is a cool blog! I'm glad you're trouncing me on the battle of the blogs, it's very "Dead" in here :-D

9:27 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

you lose anonymity. that's what i had trouble with.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Small towns are like families...it's easy to just be yourself because you don't have any choice.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love living in small places. When we were down in Cornwall our "town" only had a couple hundred people. I really started enjoying the smallness after a while--everyone knew everyone, and we all stuck together.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

7:15 AM  
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Old country adage: There ain't much to see in a small town but what you hear makes up for it.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home