Wednesday, June 08, 2005

And nothing's gonna bring him back - He's Gone

As the 10 year anniversary of Jerry Garcia's death approaches, it is a time to reflect and a time to honor. Jenny May at Bar Blog has graciously allowed me to guest blog and pay tribute to one of the most influential musicians of our time - a man who has given me not only incredible music and lyrics but countless memories. Please visit Jenny May's band site at The Babylon Cowboys. Thank you Jenny May and Thank you Jerry.

3 Comments:

Blogger GPV said...

As I said to a friend on a blog,some people leave this world and as they do,they take a big chunk of your heart with them.
Like I was wondering if it's not that kind of things that make us grow old and when the last piece of our heart is gone then we leave too perhaps taking a part of each heart linked to us.

5:43 PM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

We just watched the GD Movie again last night. Man I miss those shows, and knowin' that soon there'd be another round of shows comin' round again. I hope he's smilin' wherever he is now.

9:57 PM  
Blogger afb said...

Just can't believe it's been 10 years. We miss you Jerry. My first concert was the Grateful Dead. I think it was 1972. pig Pen was still in the band. A memorable moment in my life. Forever a dead head!

Thinkin of ya Jerry.

best wishes marie

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home