Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Going to leave this Broke-down Palace. On my hands and my knees I will roll, roll, roll - Broke-down Palace


It took me a year and a half to crawl my way out of the city. Overtime, therapy, fear of the unknown. I didn't have a lot of opportunity to pack my belongings. I left all my furniture, rows and rows of books, scores of albums and CD's. I managed to pack the important things. I used extra care to cushion my dignity, self-esteem, pride and dreams. These things could not be bought and even though they were damamged, I knew they would survive the move and thrive in a healthy environment. And so they are, so they are...........

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good idea, the way you're using your titles..I may not be in Vermont now, but I remember the good ol' days when I was! A great place to be.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're an awesome girl Helen. And I really admire how you are handling your life right now and the determinations etc that you make. Keep it up and God Bless!

3:09 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

Hi Helen,just passing by,blog to blog
you know.Love to say hello to everybody all over the world.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Burninghair said...

That's a lovely picture...

9:56 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Powerful post. Struggle is excruciating, but you did it! I only just met you via the net, but I immediately saw strength within a sensitive vulnerabile, caring, and giving person.

I enjoyed your comments on my blog. I will think on your request, because many have asked that. For now, I'd like to reciprocate linkage in our sidebars?

11:33 PM  
Blogger musik-addikt said...

this post is beautiful, i like your blog

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home