Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Going to leave this Broke-down Palace. On my hands and my knees I will roll, roll, roll - Broke-down Palace


It took me a year and a half to crawl my way out of the city. Overtime, therapy, fear of the unknown. I didn't have a lot of opportunity to pack my belongings. I left all my furniture, rows and rows of books, scores of albums and CD's. I managed to pack the important things. I used extra care to cushion my dignity, self-esteem, pride and dreams. These things could not be bought and even though they were damamged, I knew they would survive the move and thrive in a healthy environment. And so they are, so they are...........

8 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

You have done such an excellent job with what you were handed in life and I am so very proud of you!
Love ya much.....Janet

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

What a good idea, the way you're using your titles..I may not be in Vermont now, but I remember the good ol' days when I was! A great place to be.

12:29 PM  
Blogger -ms jumbled mind- said...

You're an awesome girl Helen. And I really admire how you are handling your life right now and the determinations etc that you make. Keep it up and God Bless!

3:09 AM  
Blogger GPV said...

Hi Helen,just passing by,blog to blog
you know.Love to say hello to everybody all over the world.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That's a lovely picture...

9:56 AM  
Blogger Green-Eyed Lady(GEL) said...

Powerful post. Struggle is excruciating, but you did it! I only just met you via the net, but I immediately saw strength within a sensitive vulnerabile, caring, and giving person.

I enjoyed your comments on my blog. I will think on your request, because many have asked that. For now, I'd like to reciprocate linkage in our sidebars?

11:33 PM  
Blogger - brydz - said...

this post is beautiful, i like your blog

9:44 PM  
Blogger suzawanda said...

Things, material possessions are merely that, clutter....people matter and you have proved that in your writings...I am selling everything i have to start a new life in Arizona, home of the seven Vortexes of energy..land of the phoennix.....i must leave my things behind as well and my children(my plants in the garden) and my old dog buried in the courtyard but change is good and everything hard we get through makes us stronger and smarter...methinks

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home