Friday, May 20, 2005

Counting stars by candlelight, all are dim but one is bright - Terrapin Station

All I've ever really seemed to need is just one bright star. I hadn't realized that until just recently. Looking back, then back further, that is the one consistancy I find in an otherwise seemingly random series of events. Focusing on that one star I get closer, it get's brighter or I wander and become aware it is dimming. Beginning the journey again with more determination, I reach it, I own it then scope the sky for another. It's a big, beautiful galaxy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love looking at stars.. I dont know why..just a thing I always did since young.. they seem to give "hope"... and a sense of being "romantic"..lol.. in the old days when my grandfather was still alive, me being a very young lass would ask him "why don't the stars come out all at once?" and he said "they have to have their dinner first, just like you. Whoever finishes their dinner first gets to come out and play." I always remember him telling me that..I guess stars quite often than not, remind me of him...

9:49 PM  
Blogger GPV said...

Starkle,starkle little twink....

Just kidding.

double up your summer skies,on a very quite night by the beach,no wind,no clouds look at large,and all the lights of heaven reflects into the sea,sky and water mixing.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Helen, you have such a precious gift of commenting fluidly like poetry in so few words. Love candlelight- love the stars and astronomy.

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home