Monday, May 16, 2005

You set my soul on fire. You set me on my own - Dry Dusty Road

I have to do this. I have to write, vent, explain, explore. So utterly compelled tonight to do so. I can't manage to stop the thoughts, the feelings, the reality. I don't even try. Have to face it because it smacks me every day.
Is it really so true that because we come into this world alone, we must leave the same way? Alone in our thoughts, our heart, our crimes? Alone with our dreams, visions, our nightmares, our twisted dark secrets? Alone in our oneness, with our selfishness, owning the solitude?
I believe it is true. No one will know me. I open up. I open up. Please, know me! In so many ways, I will always be alone. And one of my dark secrets - I say I'm alright with that, but I'm not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I know this much is true, little sister. We are all much more vulnerable than we choose to admit. And there is freedom with that admission. These words allow me to be free. :)
Peace...........

7:29 AM  
Blogger Gel said...

Oh, Helen, I feel your hurt. This post is what I write about in my poetry so often. KNow that you have a staunch new blog friend. (I"m just a bit overwhelmed w/ work) but I think of you.

In fact, saw other blogs & whenever "rain" was mentioned, I thought of here. Let those feelings flow. THat is best.
This is one of my most alone times in my life for several years since friends moved. I sure miss 'em! I'm ok in my own skin and love solitude, but I also enjoy and even crave, the company of a close friend. Take care.

Open up, but as far as "dark secrets" that's when or if your ready and if it's never, that's ok. I want to know you. Take care and I don't mean that tritely.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll always be your friend helen.. :)

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home