Sunday, April 09, 2006

Long as songs of mine are sung I'm with you on this earth - Down the Road

I am tape trading a bit. A co-worker dropped me some tapes. I'm taping for him now. Pulled out some favorites I'd like him to have. Second up is Jerry Band, Oakland - 1992. It's hard to believe listening to him that he would be gone in less than 3 years. He sounds so full of life. Just one line. "My body is bent and broken". I realize why it has been so long since I've listened to this show. And I am completely caught off guard. Completely blown away.

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew S. Urdan said...

Hey, Hey Helen....Did you know that ABBA recorded a song called that? Back in 1975. I'm sure you could find it on ITunes if you were interested.

I see you chose to challenge me again. Didn't beat me up badly enough the first time, eh? Just kidding. You killed me then, I know you're going to kill me tonight, so congratulatiosn in advance.

Also, I gotta say, I've loved your header since the first time I got on BE...How do you get those raindrops and text to move like that. It's really beautiful, and your blog is the only place where I've ever seen anything like it.

Meltwater. Torrents. Meanderings. Delta.

6:30 PM  
Blogger BlondeBlogger said...

So cool you have someone at work who shares your taste in music and will tape share with you!

5:39 PM  
Blogger jane said...

I must say, I've never heard of Jerry Band. How you find the right lyrics, graphics & then something that coincides with it all to write about amazes me.

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home